Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Les bon temp roule" in New Orleans

“Let the good times roll!”, as the saying goes in New Orleans, and there’s definitely a lot of GOOD times to be had … and good food, good ambiance and great music, and I’m definitely a huge fan!

Every time I’m down there, I fill up on the local cuisine. Creole, Cajun, Soul Food … a diverse mixture of culinary delight … all I know is that it is guuud, and I want lot of it! The only downside is once I return home, I find myself craving the food I had there for days, especially the beignets at Café du Monde.

I’m always in awe of the joy and the resilience of the New Orleanian, especially in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and their determination to rebuild and revive their city, and I can’t wait to get back to that wonderful place to hear makeshift brass bands in Jackson Square, dance to zydeco in my cowboy boots, and to feast on all the critters and gators from the swamp.

Hey everybody, let's have some fun
You only live for once
And when you're dead you're done
So let the good times roll
And live a long long
I don't care if you are young or old no no,
get together and let the good times roll
                                            – BB King

0 comments:

Post a Comment