Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teşekkür Ederim Istanbul

Sometimes, traveling is more about people than places, and I fell in love with Istanbul long before I arrived in Turkey. I was first introduced to the warmth and the generosity of the Turkish people while living in Frankfurt, Germany, also known as “little Istanbul”.

From market vendors to restaurateurs, classmates to language teachers, the vibrancy and kindness I had experienced from almost every Turkish immigrant I’d encountered was a welcoming contrast to the austerity and aloofness of the local Germans.

I’d always heard from travelers returning from Turkey that you arrive in Turkey as a guest and leave as a friend, and my experience in Istanbul was no different. Everywhere I went, I was overwhelmed by the hospitality of just about everyone I’d come across. 

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time in Istanbul, an amazing city full of extraordinary history and culture, breathtaking scenery, and excellent cuisine. So, teşekkür ederim ... thank you Istanbul for an unforgettable trip.

Topkapı Palace (Topkapı Sarayı)
Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)
Blue Mosque
Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnıcı)
the Spice Bazaar
the view from the Galata Bridge (Eminonu Galata)


0 comments:

Post a Comment